Monday, June 20, 2005

Mmm... allergies

So today is our day to sleep in. We're staying at MP's place in Park CIty, but she's off painting ski lifts in Colorado. So we're all alone, we have no plans. And of course, I wake up at 7 and can't go back to sleep. I'm a little too grouchy to actually come up with anything entertaining about our trip through Colorado and Utah, so I probably shouldn't be posting. Nor can I face the 5,270 landscape pictures that Katie and I took from the car in the past couple days - you'll have to wait to be bored to tears by those.

I am pretty pleased with MP for having a copy of Rise Up Singing so that I could look up the second half of the song about "I gave my love a cherry..." you know, the part that actually tells the answers to the riddles posed in the first half. Katie and I only know the first 4 lines, sort of, and not really the melody. Don't you wish you could be in the car with us to hear that over and over? Don't worry, we mostly stick to the really entertaining snippets of bad country songs. ( "What's a guy gotta do to get a girl in this town" "That's somethin' to be proud of, that's a life you can hang your hat on" "We had all we ever wanted, in that keg in the closet"... etc)

OK, before I digress further, let's try and have naptime.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Rebecita. If it's any comfort to you, I check your blog with pathetic regularity, so I appreciate your posting. Please continue to distract me with tales of sleeplessness and sneezing. Hope you had a nice nap-- L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things to do in Park City: hike. (Is it still snowing there?) Go to the cemetery and wander around looking at the very interesting old gravestones. Rent a bike (and actually ride it). Drive to Sundance and take the cablecar to the top for a beautiful view of the wilderness Robert Redford has purchased and preserved, then ride back down and have the yummy butternut squash soup in his restaurant. Walk up and down the main street and pretend you're a tourist. Eat ice cream at the fudge shoppe. Have fun!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete