Thursday, July 21, 2005

More un-funny jokes

Despite my reluctance to water down the quality of this blog with lackluster prose about the mundane events of my TESOL-filled life, I must face the growing demand for more posts. Since my last joke went over so well, I thought I would share my favorite joke from the admittedly unfunny Ha Ha Bonk Book.

Doctor: You need glasses.
Man: But I'm already wearing glasses.
Doctor: In that case, I need glasses!

Oh man, that one just gets me every time. Here's another one that I think Richard really liked. Or maybe Katie. One of those crazy cats.

What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants come over the hill?
"Here come the elephants!"
What did Jane say when she saw the elephants come over the hill?
"Here come the grapes!" She was colour-blind.

(Clearly a british book.) Hope you enjoyed this hi-larious post, Perhaps I will have more of substance to contribute after I have emerged from Week 2 in TESOL land, having survived mid-term conference, peer breakdowns, and tapas at my trainer's house.

9 comments:

  1. Whoa there whoa there whoa there. First of all, you neglected to mention to call said tome BEST JOKE BOOK EVER. Second of all, I think we should start a weekly feature highlighting a different Ha Ha Bonk joke each time. Third of all, are you going to JIM'S house?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay okay, here's another Ha Ha Bonk joke just to get this weekly feature rolling:

    Why is an elephant big, grey, and wrinkly?

    Because if he was small, white, and round he'd be an aspirin!!!!!

    [Laughter, applause]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least SOMEONE appreciates my jokes. Even if she is the one who showed me the jokes/is the owner of "said tome". I'll take what I can get.

    And no, I'm going to the other trainer's house, she lives right in Northampton. Sorry to disappoint.

    Good lord Watson is really barking an awful lot. Maybe I had better go down and see what the fuss is all about as I am the only one up and still here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What goes hug-hug-aah?

    Me hugging JWI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. God. Best jokes *ever*. I clearly need this book; it is exactly my kind of humor.

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you give M this joke book, I will never speak to you again.

    I mean it!

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psst -- hey M, whatever you do, don't click here. Mmmm, starting at 70 cents... I have no idea where I actually picked that thing up in the first place. I mean... who would be fool enough to provide M with information about this book after the dire threat published in the previous comment? Certainly not I.

    ReplyDelete
  8. COWARD! Low-down, yellow-bellied coward!

    ReplyDelete