Sunday, September 25, 2005

Lauren withdrawal!

Big day tomorrow (starting with removal of stitches at 8:45.) so I'll keep this short. Long story short, Lauren came!! There was much rejoicing to be had!! Other things found in abundance:

1) Free samples. We took the cheap culinary tour of Oak Park - samples at the farmers market, Whole Foods, a new cheese shop, and Great Harvest Bread Co.
2) More food. In frustratingly small portions. Chewed very slowly by me with my front teeth. So. Much. Chewing. (List within a list... 3 top easily chewable foods consumed over the weekend: (Soy) chocolate pudding, tiramisu ice cream from Baskin Robbins in Hyde Park, and most of all, those amazing pancakes from IHOP made with Cream of Wheat. Hey K and R, remember when I dragged y'all there as part of your Berlin Turnpike Birthday Night 'o Fun specifically to introduce a skeptical Lauren to IHOP ? This time it was Ms. Graber's suggestion to reprise that particularly American experience... I knew she'd come around!)
3) Illegal parking. Stupid enjoyable friends of ours who choose to live in the most parking challenged areas of the city and convince us it is a good idea to visit on Saturday night.
4) Digital photos. Trying to catch up on a whole year through photosharing. Not quite a satisfying replacement for a year's worth of Lauren time, but her pictures are nothing to sneeze at! Crazy world traveler girl. I can't think of a better person to visit me on this particular weekend... who else could give me such fabulous travel advice (Pepto Bismol=good) and make me feel so wonderfully positive about taking off on my own with no real plans.
5) Sadness at the sudden lack of Lauren! Stupid Wesleyan diaspora. I want all my friends down the hall from me 24/7! Is that really too much to ask??

Speaking of photos,here's a few from this past week. My dad sent me a few including shots from the wedding last weekend (Did I mention that? Family friend who is about 6 weeks older than me! yikes!) and I got a couple of Lauren. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey :)

    You have a great blog here, keep up the great work! I'll definitely bookmark you.

    Do you wanna check out The Coolest Guy On The Planet's website?

    Check it out if you get some time, and I'll be sure to check back here regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut up blogspam, you preempted my incredibly important announcement that i am in lauren's hometown right now. it's very green and very mosquito-y. i like it.

    ReplyDelete