Thursday, November 10, 2005

Not to draw attention away from R's excellent update

But I just wanted to say a quick hi before jetting off for my luxurious 3-day weekend (who loves veterans and their accompanying holidays?), during which I will attempt to not lay eyes on a computer if at all possible. Lots of stories about awful local concerts (okay, I like folk music and sing Sacred Harp - clearly my tolerance for musical imperfection is vastly higher than a majority of the population's - but Richard and I had to WALK OUT of this sucker, if that gives you any indication of its lousiness) and hiking up to Spaulding Meadows and whopping snowstorms and idiotic mistakes that result in my having to manually alter over 3,000 electronic records (aren't they supposed to stupid-proof computer programs for boobs like me?)...

...but you'll just have to hold your breath until next week.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to find me a job in Austin, it would be greatly appreciated.

Love,

K

P.S. Oh, and I was going to credit Betty Biedrzycki, the mythical housecleaner from my mother's childhood who came up with the subject line of my previous post as it was passed on to me by my mom (oral history in action!) - but I didn't find out how to spell her name in time to credit her with the rhyme. Consider the situation rectified.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure anyone could comprehend how incredibly terrible that concert was. It was like "Forgive Me" crossed with my tiny church's chamber ensemble in grade 8. And at least Forgive Me is an original.

    ReplyDelete