Monday, January 09, 2006

I can't wait to be on the road again

(EDITOR'S NOTE: You would be eagerly anticipating getting on the road again, too, if your brother had been singing the aforementioned song six times a day every day for the past two weeks. I mean, come on now, we all love Willie and his excellent braids, but IT'S TIME TO FIND A NEW DEFAULT SONG. Thank you.)

Just a quick teaser to inform our loyal readers that I'm still here, although I've been too busy thus far running around and seeing people and doing things and pretending I don't have to start packing yet to write a proper entry. But I'll do a little Month In Massachusetts sum-up in the next week or so, and then R. and I are hitting the dusty road once more as we move out west to start our new life as gay cowboys on Brokeback Mountain. Or something like that.

Hope you've all had a wonderful week of 2006! More soon.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be on the road again...

    HUUUUUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to make that boy "Walk the Line"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be Jack since I can grow slightly more of a moustache than you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, K, be kind. I'm sure it's just his way of coping with the (devastating) knowledge that your presence at home is only temporary, and perhaps he is also trying in some strange reverse pyschology way to annoy you into never leaving again.

    Hmmm... I have some ideas of my own along those lines that I may try to employ at the sing tonight. heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. KT & R,
    Just be glad you are going to Austin and not Houston. I just got back from a 2-day business meeting there and despite seeing the SUN! and not having to wear a COAT! I was reminded why Chicago, even in the winter, is so much more lovable a city. The entire 50 miles of expressway from Hobby Airport (oh yes - one more good point: I did not have to set foot in the other airport, named after George Bush) is nestled between "feeder roads" (aka frontage roads by normal people) on either side that really are just one long strip mall. Can you imagine 50 miles of Denny's, Chili's, Whataburger (no I'm not making that up), Walmart, Target, Gas Xpress, Taqueria Cucaracha, Darque Tan (no, not making that one up either), KMart, Super 8, Holiday Inn Xpress, Motel 6, and just about every new and used car and motorcycle dealership ever created? 50 MILES! And every 3rd eating establishment is a Mexican restaurant. The others are fast food and steak houses. As if you couldn't guess by now, it's NOT MY KIND OF PLACE! So I am actually delighted to be back in the cold, damp, dark city of Chicago. Kind of perverse, I guess. Anyway, I think Austin is a bit more scenic and sophisticated! Enjoy your trip. Any plans to come through Chicago? You have a free place to stay and lots of good food if you do.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete