Friday, February 03, 2006

Tamarind ice cream

Mmmm... best ice cream ever. While I digest my sunny afternoon treat, Becky and I are checking out volunteer opportunities at the SAEC. We both want to take a month at some point and volunteer elsewhere in ecuador or maybe peru. I'm really excited for getting to know somewhere besides quito. But right now I'm actually much more excited about the fact that in 27 days, 3 hours, and 10 minutes, I will be touching down in Chicago! FYI, parents: Our first stop will be Whole Foods where I can SERVE MYSELF from the hot bar and eat delicious delicious american organic food.

Things also looking up here:
1) Thought I had parasites, but I'm feeling better now so I think it was just indigestion. Sure to pick them up at some point though...
2) Just got a schedule makeover. Got a new class for 8 more hours a week, which may keep me from going broke before I get a chance to really travel. Also it's at the amazing hour of 10-noon, which means I will no longer be biding my time between 8:30 am and 4 pm (or 8:30 and 5:30 some days). I might just feel like a productive citizen, instead of being back home in my PJs by 9 am every day!

Katie - You're the one with a new apartment, and possibly new jobs, when do we get a real austin update??

1 comment:

  1. You know, you can't get parasites from pre-packaged ecuadorian snack foods. And yes, fruit snacks are candy.

    ReplyDelete