Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy Passover!

(Look at me posting 2 days in a row!) I can't believe its been a year since our most excellent Seder in greenfield. Being in a Catholic country with nooo jews and a new jewish roommate, we were all excited to have a seder for our unsuspecting friends. (free maxwell house haggadahs: check. matzo and matzo meal: check. weird passover candies: check.) BUT... since I am in reality the world's least observant Jew (but since I get my Jewish soul or whatever they're calling it these days through my mom I still get to be a card carrying member...) I already made plans to go to the beach tonight... and on weeknights I teach an evening class and an early morning class, as does everyone else I know, and after this week my parents will be around to travel with me for many weekends to come, so we may have an extremely delayed seder. And somehow I doubt it will feature singing Saints Bound For Heaven this time...

While I am sunning myself in Canoa and taking another blog sabbatical, you can tide yourself over with this excellent blog Rosie sent my way: Vegan Lunch Box. This vegan woman cooks amazing school lunches for her son every day and posts a picture and description. Hey mom... how come MY lunches never looked like that??

1 comment:

  1. Uh, I think it's because the preparation time for these stunningly creative vegan lunches probably exceeded my allotment of no more than 3 minutes per lunch.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete