Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Don't give the girl your scissors

After hours of updating the website of the Austin chapter of World Can't Wait (inspired tonight by the fact that methane and carbon levels in the atmosphere are higher than they've ever been in the past 800,000 years), I'm tired and cranky and determined to cheer myself up with a little self-indulgent posting. I've got that irritated feeling that can only come from knowing you just spent 90 minutes doing what a computer nerd could have accomplished in less than five, so in order to distract myself, I invite you all to CLICK HERE to see my new haircut! I picked up the scissors yesterday afternoon and began hacking (Richard was taking a nap so he couldn't stay my hand by anxiously reminding me how much he hates change), and once I'd gotten too short to make a proper ponytail, I figured I'd better keep going high enough to get all the hair off my neck, because ain't no way you can wear your hair down in that Texas summer sun. I sweat enough as it is; I don't need the extra help... So now I have short hair, and I haven't washed it yet so I have no idea what it will look like after I do; I'm hoping it's more Amelie than Ronald McDonald, but due to its charming multiple-personality disorder (straight today, curly tomorrow...), there's really no telling.

In other news, and as if I didn't already have enough links in this post, I can't recommend highly enough that you all go here to watch the first 7 minutes of "Awake My Soul," which, having seen only the first 7 minutes of, I can safely pronounce will be a KICKASS documentary.

Hoo boy, I get to wake up in 5 hours. Time to hit the proverbial hay. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!!! The family (female) tradition continues!!! Yay, Katie.......but it's not really very short. Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, front view, please? Feel free to shower first.

    SMOOCH!

    ReplyDelete