Monday, December 11, 2006

My double identity - popcorn by day, books by night!

So as if my life wasn't boring enough before, I just got a second job! Apparently I have what it takes to be a seasonal cashier, because Borders did finally call back. I'm already set to work 6 days this week, closing 3 of them (until 12:30 am!) So expect my blogging to decrease even more over the next couple of weeks (which at this point i think means my older posts are going to start disappearing!) Working for a place like Borders (500+ stores, new ones opening every day, 50,000 employees!) is quite a shock to the system after a year in Ecuador, bastion of inefficiency, and more recently my sting in family popcornland (where i've been working for over a week and still haven't filled out any paperwork). I've already had 8 hours of training, (paid fortunately)! But as giant corporations with the goal to conquer the world go, Borders is pretty cool. They're all about treating both customers and employees super well. We get all kinds of perks and if you stick with the company they will really help you out with anything you need. Like the godfather, except with a 401k. And they like hiring interesting, eclectic people, and encourage you to chat with the customers and whatnot. (it's only slightly creepy that this is all laid out in the manual, and it's all in the interest of the bottom line...)

Upside of two jobs: Lots o car money! I've checked out a few accords, and hopefully on my day off on wednesday i'll be able to go see a couple of them out. If I weren't planning on leaving town soon, I wouldn't be in such a hurry... I'm quite enjoying my private car service! (My dad, probably not so much...)

Downside of two jobs: It's going to seriously cut into my new favorite pastime... indulging in piracy, American style! Instead of buying bootlegs from nice shiny unregulated stores, I can download them from the privacy of my own home! Veronica Mars, Season 3, how sweet it is...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
    quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
    different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
    a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
    quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
    different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
    a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money now

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, blog spam, haven't had that for awhile!

    ReplyDelete