Friday, January 19, 2007

A holiday made just for me




That's right... it's National De-Lurking Week! Actually, I'm lying... last week was National De-Lurking Week. But there's a National De-Lurking Week! It's real! Well, as real as a blog-oriented holiday can be. After stumbling across several mentions of this wondrous holiday, I became more and more convinced that it was too good to be true. Much like the fly infestation in our office, it must be the product of spontaneous generation. Turns out it was in fact created by this random but highly entertaining housewife/blogger in 2005, to raise money for tsunami victims. (As for the flies... I keep hearing something about "biology", but I'm not paying it any mind.) So while I don't have any higher purpose in mind, I salute National De-Lurking Week and invite you to stand up and be counted! (or, just leave an anonymous comment. My ego will be soothed either way.)

Also, in honor of MLK day, check out my favorite post by this holidays most hallowed founder.

14 comments:

  1. Am I required to comment on my own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so excited about my first comment! sigh. I don't think our own commenting can in any way be considered "de-lurking." And yet, here we are. Really, creating our own fan club can't be far off. Can I be president?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not related to discussion but just to say a belated 'happy christmas and new year'! Hope 2007 is treating you well so far!

    My cousin is going to Brazil and Peru. How jealous am I?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a lurker but here is a comment: i like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys :) You can be in our fan club too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there an auxillary unit for guys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not lurking! And I'm already in your fan club. You may have seen me at some of the meetings. I'm the one who made everyone take a break half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! you'll have to get sheldon to join the fan club so he can take over your duties there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, Linda, did you finally renounce the watch? (Um, "watch" in a purely metaphorical sense, since you don't actually wear one...) First the books, now break calling - what are you going to sic on poor Sheldon next??????

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my defense, I never had the books (lift all those books? are you crazy?), so I couldn't be responsible for foisting them on Sheldon. But whatever, he's got muscles for a reason, right? He lifts weights by choice! And once he got that enormous watch for Christmas, his fate was sealed.

    What to sic on Sheldon next. . . I don't know. Let me know if you think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So who's lurking? Some of us are just lazy, thank you very much.

    --M

    ReplyDelete