Monday, April 09, 2007

Yay!

Wow, today is a special happy exciting day. I mean, how often can you say that on a monday??

1) I finished my first homework assignment (my next post will be the recipe/pictures!) and was happy with how it turned out. I brought in the leftover charoset today for snack (because a girl can only eat so much) and everyone was really interested and enjoyed it. The class had really good energy after finishing the homework (even though I was NOT excited with the subject matter today. Traditional meat based stocks. We did do a cool alternative stock, but it was Japanese and fish based, so I still couldn't eat any of the main dishes we made. Oh well, at least I'm not the only one. And I get that it's important to understand traditional methods, blah blah. Anyway it was a fun class despite itself.)
3) It's gorgeous out after a few chilly overcast days. And no rain and I'm not feeling too tired, which means I'll definitely be heading up to Berkeley to sing! Yay!
4) When I got home and checked the mail, I got my new debit card from the Bank of the West (it has grizzly bears on it!) AND my amazon order! woohoo! For about $1 over my @25 gift certificate, I got:
- Dale Ann Bradley's "Catch Tomorrow", which I've been wanting to get since the second I heard her voice on my dad's XM radio back in December. (And definitely deserves its status as the first cd I've legally purchased in quite some time.)
- Jesus Christ Superstar Special Edition DVD (with commentary by Ted Neeley aka Jesus!!) yay!
5) As much as I enjoy school, I LOVE that it's only every other day. It's a great feeling to know that I can drive up to sing tonight and not pay for it tomorrow.

hey, look, i posted about my real life! Everyone be proud.

UPDATE: Boh, let this be a lesson to myself in counting one's chickens. I took a nap, overslept, and now it's too late to sing! Well there's always next week. Or I can just wait until the golden gate singing on the 21st. Oh well, it looks like it's just me and JCS tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment