Sunday, May 06, 2007

achoo

Well, my plans for productivity today were totally shot. I've been feeling particularly lazy and low on energy the past few days. But since it was GORGEOUS here today (it got up to 87!) I figured a little fresh air and exercise would be just the ticket. Yeah, not so much. About 2 minutes into my walk downtown my allergies EXPLODED. (Like, oregon june 05 intensity. I know KT remembers that most miserable of allergy seasons.) Oooh... so THAT'S why I've been feeling under the weather. I powered through, but by the time I got home I felt like I had sneezed out the parts of my brain related to higher cognitive functions. The good news is that our homework is actually due next week rather than tomorrow. The bad news is that we have a big field trip to the great outdoors tomorrow. (To this farm practicing Shumei Natural Agriculture!) I'm determined to enjoy it, even if I do have to overdose on Claritin.

I saw both Austin and Chicago have even higher allergy alerts than this area. Anyone else dying?

6 comments:

  1. 1... 2... 3....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Springfield caused my sinuses to gulp steroids. The spring is soooo far advanced down there it was "furry" with pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST year ever to have gone on allergy shots. supposedly i've just hit the dosage that will make it so i don't really experience the allergy season. my co-workers are already saying it's the worst allergy season they've ever had, so i am starting to sing the praises of allergy shots, big time.

    (i've never said "allergy" so many times in one paragraph. allergyallergyallergy.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I'm getting allergies down here! Who am I - Rebecca & Briana???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, Briana hasn't sneezed in months.

    ReplyDelete