Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The food is back

(Ready for jar food? Check. And I haven't even acquired any half-gallon mason jars yet.)

Well the past few days have been just jam packed with cooking and singing - just the way I like it! (We had another homework assignment due on Monday, and I managed to get to both the south bay sing on Sunday AND the berkeley sing on Monday!) Now that I've had a chance to recover, I can get back to my regularly scheduled blogging.

While I have been neglecting my spin-off blog the recipes have been piling up. I've updated it with 4 new ones, and should have the latest batch up in a few days. The homework write-ups involve researching nutritional profiles of key ingredients and doing cost analysis for one recipe, so I'm including those if they're interesting. Over on the sidebar I listed the bibliography, like the responsible academic I sometimes pretend to be.

I give you:
Spicy Herb and Tomato Cheez Spread
I may have mentioned a few weeks back that I had to do an in-class demo, and I ended up doing this recipe. I felt kind of unprepared because it came in the middle of a crazy week, but it went really smoothly and everyone gave me lots of positive feedback, and a good evaluation from Kathy. It's nice to realize that's it totally second nature to me at this point to present a "lesson", in terms of managing the time/materials, getting students asking questions etc. I imagine that I'll be doing these kinds of demos a lot in my career, so that made me feel better.

From my 100% homework assignment, a 100% vegan diner-style breakfast!

Pumpkin Waffles
Breakfast "Sausage"
Braised Lima Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment