Sunday, July 08, 2007

In the news. (ooh, i even get to talk about altitude again!)

- well it's 7/7/7 and everyone wants to get married. isn't that cute. ugh. thank god i won’t be around to read those human interest stories next century. 6/6/6 was way more fun. But they did announce that silly new 7 wonders of the world thing, and I was surprised that I’ve been to 3 of them! Don’t know that I’m likely to make it to any of the others. (Though I bet between the rest of you dear readers we cover the whole list, so I’ll just live vicariously. )

- yeesh, that's one way to reform...
China Sentences Official to Death for Corruption

SHANGHAI, July 6 — For the second time in three months, a former high-ranking official at China’s top food and drug watchdog agency has been sentenced to death for corruption and approving counterfeit drugs, the state-run news media said on Friday.

- Aww, game on for quito and la paz! FIFA had already relaxed the ridiculous new high altitude ban from 2500 to 3000 meters, which let in quito (at 2812) and bogota (2640), but not La Paz (4070) or Cusco (3555). Good thing Evo's a big man on campus these days and can pull ze strings for the andean counties. (Seriously brazil and argentina, you're the big shot teams, what are you whining about a little altitude for? just leave those poor little countries alone.)

- Ah Harry Potter mania, I was wondering when you'd kick in. Suddenly it seems like everyone and their mother is rereading the books. I realized that after buying the spanish edition of the last book the day it was released, just before Carnaval last year, i only got halfway through. Normally I wouldn’t feel the need to fuss, but I’m working the magic day! We’re not doing the midnight thing, but rather a breakfast thing complete with a reading of the first chapter! So, el misterio del principe, it's just you and me for the next 2 weeks.

- I gave into the urge to cut my own hair tonight, knowing it could only end badly. It's only irreperably short on one side... heh.

- We are awash in plums out here. Like tribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment