Saturday, July 21, 2007

"The cat has left town" - that forgotten country classic

1) For those of you who expressed concern, the earthquake earlier today was too far away to affect me in Santa Cruz. (4.2, centered in Oakland) Though I'll be spending Mon/Tue in the east bay, so maybe I'll get some of the promised aftershocks. Who am I kidding, I didn't feel the 4.3 that hit closer to here on July 2, nor any of the several earthquakes that hit Quito last year. If I ever had "live through an earthquake" on my todo list to begin with, it's long since changed to "notice an earthquake." My favorite quote on the subject?
Berkeley resident Hank Williams lost a few pictures, too. "I sat bolt upright in bed," he told the Associated Press. Something fell in front of his cat, "who was out the cat door and gone. The cat has left town," he said.

2) I meant to comment on this before. Who didn't love KT's israel photos????? One of my 897348576 goals for next summer has long been to do the birthright trip, but at least if I never get around to it I can live vicariously through KT.

3) It's officially Harry Potter Day, even in this time zone. I regressed from 1/2 to 1/3 of the way through Harry Potter y el misterio del principe so I'm debating whether or not to wait before I borrow a copy of the new book from work. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist after being surrounded by it for 8 hours tomorrow. Or perhaps I'll be more than sick of it. At least I don't work at Borders anymore, where they're doing (err, did) the midnight thing and people had been waiting outside the store all day. But seriously, I should be getting overtime for this.

4) Big hugs to everyone back east. Can't be with you next Saturday, but I'll sing something with you in mind this Sunday/Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment