Friday, August 10, 2007

the bell tolls for thee, ibook

So, last night my computer up and died. Well, technically, it was resurrected today, and I'm writing this post on it right now. But I'm really pushing my luck as it's due to start up the heartwrenching death rattle at any moment, and I should be saving this precious vitality for backing things up once I buy my shiny new external hard drive (which was fortunately already on my shopping list.)

For now my baby is on strict bedrest. Its days of 24/7 bloging/emailing/photoshopping/torrent downloading/radio streaming binges are over.

This, plus my dad visiting adds up to deafening silence from my direction for awhile. Good thing KT's back in the saddle with the whole WEblogging concept, eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge?

Also, I could reeeally use a job about now. heh.

Oh, a tidbit of real-life-news... we were looking for a dvd to watch tonight, and I discovered that we have the whole Schoolhouse Rock series on VHS! So I introduced my dad to "just a bill" and the other social studies stand-bys. It's hard to pick a favorite jaw-dropping moment in white-washed-star-spangled-historical-mythology, in a playing field so full. It would probably have to be how eli whitney saved the south by putting applecheeked white children to work on his cotton gin. Here's to Michael Eisner, glossing over slavery with the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment