Good luck, Rebecca! Kick some ass! Shred some carrots! Or something...
So I had to resurface to share with you a visual representation of the sad, sorry state I find myself in. Behold, an image of our kitchen table as it appears at this moment:
That's right, your eyes do not deceive you. From left to right, items of interest include but are not limited to:
1. Prescription painkillers
2. Empty beer bottle (editor's note: not mine, but adds a lot to the pathos of the photo...)
3. Empty container of ice cream
4. Dress I just bought for convention next month (did someone say, drowning your sorrows in thrift stores?)
5. Latest issue of The Advocate, my preferred trashy gay newsmagazine
Other indications I am living in squalor and decadence:
6. Rufus Wainwright's new album in the CD player (16-piece orchestra, a song called "Between My Legs," and a guy posing in lederhosen in the liner notes; honestly now)
7. Leaving work at 11:00 this morning
8. Massive quantities of banana bread constituting 50% of my daily nutritional intake so far today
9. Need I go on?
Inspired by my own patheticness, I think I've finally summoned up the strength to do something with my life. Off to do some crossword puzzles and baking... as always, check back for frequent updates from the post-op ward!