Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Putting the "we" in "blog" (ha, there really is a "we" in "weblog")

So for the million and sixth time I came home after 7 hours at work on the computer and swore I wasn't going to even touch our computer, particularly since I've been getting the first twinges of carpal-tunnel wrist on my mousing hand this week, which always happens when I don't take enough time off away from The Machine. And for the million and sixth time - well, here I am. With God as my witness, I swear that once we leave Austin I will NOT take another desk job. No matter how tempting. Or for how good a cause. I will NOT. But I figured as long as I'm home with nothing to do this evening and I have to leave the computer up and running for another hour anyways while Richard's Ryan Adams concert finishes downloading, I might as well suck it up and say hi.

I never know where to begin updating, since I always wait too long between posts. Of note: Saw "The Bourne Ultimatum" (I have to admit, I love those stupid movies - what's not to like about Matt Damon outsmarting the CIA... over... and over... and over... and over again?); went to a meet-and-greet with Rep. Rick Noriega (get this - Catholic, Texan, lietenant colonel, and - wait for it - STAUNCHLY PRO-CHOICE) who with any luck (sigh, who am I kidding?) will replace John Cornyn in the U.S. Senate next fall (a girl can dream, right?); did hot yoga for the first time (and am ashamed to admit that, after years of snubbing it as dumb and trendy, I have to admit I kind of like it... there's a real sense of accomplishment - icky but satisfying - that comes with watching the sweat literally pour off your body onto the floor... and it gives me such a falsely overblown sense of my own flexibility!); re-watched "Brokeback Mountain" and fell madly in love with it all over again; got diagnosed for vocal cord nodules and a deviated septum (apparently resulting from a fractured nose when I was little, which was news to both the owner of the nose and all members of her family) and subsequently scheduled myself for corrective surgery on the 21st (to which Richard, much to my chagrin, insists upon referring as my upcoming nose job); spent too much money at Half Price Books (it's just so big! and so cheap! and so close to our house!); went to my first gallery opening in Austin (mediocre); and read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in one 8-hour sitting.

Upcoming: A Julia Alvarez book reading at the public library; our first trip out to East Texas for a weekend of singing (there may be 6 of us staying in Bill & Quincy's hotel room because none of us wants to be the killjoy who insists on reserving a second room... it'll be quite a slumber party!); R is getting his first massage from Alexa (will their relationship ever be the same? stay tuned to find out!!); and at the end of next month, we get to see Jenna and Rebecca! What a summer it's been.

Oh my dear sweet lord. Richard's downloading concert is at 98.2% completion and still has another half hour to go. I don't know if I can keep writing for that long. Let me distract you with some pictures... consider these a snapshot of the summer:

Too. Much. Popcorn.


All dressed up to go two-steppin'!


Me and Trini in New York (Sandy was there too, to complete our Paris-study-abroad-reunion-trifecta, but this picture came out better!)

What I discovered upon returning from Israel and opening the refrigerator...


R blowing out his birthday brownie


Damn, 15 more minutes of concert downloading to go... well, you'll just have to spend the rest of the evening without me. Happy Tuesday!

Love,

K

2 comments:

  1. ha, i'm more witty than i thought... i wasn't even thinking of that, even though i love the people who still insist on writing out weblog or 'blog.

    2 stepping!
    birthday richard!

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, missed Richard's birthday. Definitely need to get that on the calendar. Happy Belated Birthday, Richard!

    KT, you look really cute in that picture of you two in (sigh) cowboy boots. Are you wearing makeup??

    Can't wait till I see you guys again - I have to teach you how to play that Egyptian card game...if I remember how to play...maybe Harvestfest, eh?

    ReplyDelete