Sunday, October 28, 2007

sunday night at the store

My computer hiatus continues. I've read 6 books and I've been marathoning the OC. Oh yeah.

This book is keeping me entertained today.

Todays act of stupidity: I started to hardboil eggs this morning. About 1.5 hours later I remembered. I was at work in Capitola. No one was home. SOOO I took an early break and jetted home to find no flames or smoke. But the eggs... exploded. I'll be finding pieces in every corner of my kitchen for months.

I'm very eh about Halloween. I didn't mind missing the last two. I hate the holiday pressure to find a cool costume and make a big night of it. And if I stay home I have to a) hide from the children b) find something healthy but packaged to give out. Nuts? Stickers? I don't want to be that lame old lady who gives out pennies or apples either. Suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. Pretend you're in Poland! They've imported Halloween here for commercial purposes but there's no set way of celebrating and no pressure, and in general people just ignore it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about handing out the latest death cab cd with a razor blade? Kids love that stuff these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hard boiled egg method described happens to have been invented by me...Where's the credit? But the last time I did it, when I heard the eggs exploding, I yelled at Watson. Sigh. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about little packets of organic fruit snacks? or fruit leather? that might get expensive... but otherwise fits the bill...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't hand out healthy food. They're just going to throw it out. Don't waste their time or yours. Go to the store and buy a bag of mini-reeses. That is an order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the bag of mixed mini Reeses/kisses/rollos that Richard bought and proceeded to eat all the rollos out of in less than 24 hours? ("Marge, we need some more vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream!")

    And wait, I thought you didn't read our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to concur-don't hurt yourself coming up with healthy alternatives that the ungrateful little b**tards won't want. I vote for hiding or pretending you are in Poland. Shut off the lights and read a book in bed with a flashlight. You know you want to.

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hide in the airport. I´m going to try it. Surely there´s some homeland security thing that prevents costumes and gooey candys within a hundred yards.

    ReplyDelete