Thursday, November 15, 2007

B-day

Yes, the day is at hand. We've been sold out for weeks, and tickets are a hot commodity on Craig's list. People really love them some Anthony Bourdain. Myself, I roll my eyes at his whole devil may care, bad boy celebrity chef shtick. But the man knows how to entertain (and a thing or two about food), so I'm happy to be working the event. Any more devoted fans out there, let me know if you want a signed copy of any of his books. I can pick one up at a 30% discount, and even supervise a personalized autograph. (Yes, I have the oh so glamorous job of managing the signing line. Meaning I get to write down the customer's name on a post-it, stick it on the book, and hand it to Mr. Bourdain. Approximately 650 times. Sigh.)

Personally I'm more excited to see that Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian won the National Book Award for young adult lit!! One of my favorite books of the year for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mental image of you rolling your eyes at Anthony Bourdain.
    And I don't even know who he is.
    :)

    ReplyDelete