Thursday, November 22, 2007

My favorite holiday!

(For real this time.)

Yesterday I ate at two of Chicago's best restaurants - The Chicago Diner and Cousins. Interspersed with visits to the Green City Farmer's Market and the REAL Thorne Miniature Rooms. What more could a girl ask for?

Today the first snow of the season is falling softly outside, inside it's toasty as my market fresh brussel sprouts roast in the oven (hey, I like them). For more heartwarming holiday news, see below. (Katie, way to bury the lead there!)

I'm thankful for all kinds of things, but clearly amazing food in ample supply is always near the top of my list. As if the news weren't depressing enough, it seems there's a drastic shortage in food donations (thanks to our ever helpful government) this season. So, consider finding your local food bank and helping out. (In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't donated anything this season. Note to self: find a way to donate your services for the holidays. It's not like you even have any Christmas plans.)

No comments:

Post a Comment