...to spice up the lag time between work and karate. Without further ado, I present to you:
Things I Am Vaguely Embarrassed To Acknowledge
1. How excited I am that the Saturday afternoon Metropolitan Opera broadcasts are starting up again this week.
2. That I'm writing this from the office. (Don't worry, I'm off the clock. No supporters of reproductive freedom in Texas will be billed for the composition of this blog post.)
3. That I scraped open the knuckles on both my hands punching targets last week (FABRIC-covered targets, my friends) and they're still not better.
4. That I still haven't sent thank-yous to 85% of my kickathon donors.
5. How often I check this blog for new comments.
6. That I added a book of Jewish baby names and customs to my Alibris.com wishlist. Don't worry, no buns in the oven for a good while yet. Though that would actually make it less embarrassing, don't you think?
7. That my subscription to The Advocate, the Us Weekly of newsmagazines (which, as I am ever-hasty to point out, was included with my membership to The Task Force), is about to run out, and I am sorely afraid that I've gotten so hooked on it that I just might have to renew, with no subscription to hide behind this year. It would give me the opportunity to write more angry letters to the editor, though, which is always entertaining.
8. That I kind of like wedding planning.
9. How addicted I am to someecards.com.
10. That I felt so compelled to share this inane list with y'all that I made it my second post in two days.