Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Eating books

Everyone needs two online sites to track their reading. In addition to updating my collection on librarything, I have followed Inder into goodreads. (This is happy news for KT because it means I have an outlet for my literary ranting besides her ear/inbox.) All the titles below link to my reviews on that site.

With all that archiving accomplished, I present without further ado:

Rebecita's 2007 in Books


The Absolutely Best Read Of A Part-Time Bookseller
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

The Best Sleeper
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

The Best Listens or The Audiobooks That Made Me Wish For A Longer Commute
1. Gilbert and Sullivan Set Me Free by Kathleen Karr
2. Framed by Frank Cottrell Boyce
3. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

The Books That Were Totally Worth Jumping On The Bandwagon
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan

The Books That Make Me Foam At The Mouth And Not In A Good Way
1. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
2. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

The Best Read That Was Years In The Making
Outwitting History: The Amazing Adventures of a Man Who Rescued a Million Yiddish Books by Aaron Lansky

The Best Re-Read That Ate My Visit To Texas
Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone?: The Carter Family & Their Legacy in American Music by Mark Zwonitzer

The Book I Sold the Most Copies Of Yet Somehow Never Read Despite My Best Intentions
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

The Best Author Event
Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith and J. B. MacKinnon

The Best Blog of Literary Distraction
BSC Headquarters

4 comments:

  1. With all that reading and blogging, how will you ever have time to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your goodreads reviews are so... literary! mine are visceral reactions in the form of typed diarrhea. you're so SMRT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, if by SMRT you mean have a lot of time on my hands and an inability to write concisely or nonacademically. Also, several of the more ranty reviews were lifted from epic email debates with Katie. Who, as I mentioned, must be relieved beyond the telling that I now have somewhere else to dump my Pullman hate et al.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, I need to hear about your Pullman hate sometime, as I am curious as to how well it maps onto mine.

    ReplyDelete