Saturday, February 23, 2008

Casseroles... the new jam?

I know, I know, 2 food posts in a row. I promise a higher ratio of smarchiness™ from now on. (Not a guarantee.)

But check this baby out! I dare your leftovers to cut such a fine figure.


As convention season approaches, I turn my kitchen puttering toward the the fine art of casserole construction. This first attempt is a classic that handily cleaned out the fridge. (This is particularly important on Friday nights, as I can then hit the farmer's market on Saturdays with last week's haul in my stomach rather than on my conscious.) Inder's leftover pilaf (wild rice and brown rice)+ a couple heads of Romanesco broccoli + homemade cream of mushroom soup + a nice block of Colby = Ridiculously Wholesome Broccoli Cheese Casserole = yummmmmmm.

Further efforts shall include actual recipelike recipes and hence live over at the recipe blog. I'm particularly excited about trying out Veganomicon's vegan casseroles. Southwest corn pudding with coconut milk? Yes please.

1 comment:

  1. you know, i visit your blog at least once a day, usually more so i can click through to bsc headquarters (i have a mental block against the url of that blog) and every time you have an awesome food picture for me to see i get delighted.

    ReplyDelete