Monday, March 10, 2008

O once I had a glorious view / of my redeeming lord

Richard is currently reading Thornton Wilder to Rebecca in the living room (utilizing a highly inappropriate Cary Grant-esque accent), leaving me free to steal some of her pictures and post them before she can. Sucker! Unfortunately, I don't know how to resize them on this computer. So here they are in all of their thousands of kilobytes glory. I guess that makes me the sucker. Or maybe all of you...

All my vacation schemes (snow, sleeping until 11, friends, singing, and overindulging on tasty food) seem to have come to fruition. I won't bore you with many gory details at the moment (since another one of my vacation schemes is to never get on the computer, at which I am clearly failing) but a couple of illustrated highlights are in order, including:

Lauren and Ruth! I hadn't seen them since before we moved to Texas (which is just so utterly pathetic), but we fit in a quality afternoon and evening with them last Friday in their beautiful New Haven apartment:



Please note that even standing on the sofa, Lauren is only slightly taller than Ruth. I think we all wish we could be as tall as Ruth.

Sneak preview the second: convention was amazing, even more so than usual or perhaps I've just been away for too long. There were over 400 people registered over the course of the weekend (props to Jenna for her mad arranging skillz are once again in order), which meant lots of doubled-up leading in order to get through everybody:



Me and some guy leading 406. Apologies for the blur.

Okay, I'm off to check on my bread. You'll be happy to note that even 2,000 miles away, I'm still compulsively baking bread.

Tragically, vacation is over tomorrow, so you'll probably have to wait until I'm back in Texas to hear more. You know you want to.

Love,

K

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't think so. But you're still my tallest friend in the Mid-Atlantic states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're both dead to me.

    ReplyDelete