Sunday, April 13, 2008

Further proof that I am incapable of doing two things at once

Some of you may be aware of my total inability to carry on a proper conversation while doing anything else simultaneously. This was verified once again tonight, when over the course of two phone conversations I managed to spectacularly burn three things: our dinner, a pot, and one of our kitchen chairs. The pot and chair are utterly and completely ruined. But fortunately the night wasn't a total bust, as Richard and I will eat almost anything, even blackened lentils.

This is just a public service announcement to remind you to ask me if I am doing anything that requires even marginal brainpower before you strike up a conversation with me. If I am making your dinner at the time, it's probably for your own good.

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you - I can't talk and lock the door at the same time. Or talk and pack a suitcase. Or talk and do anything. And when I get on skype, I almost invariably burn things - I've burned a pot of lentils, a pan of caramelized carrots, my coffee pot (all the liquid coffee evaporated), and let soup overboil more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ggoodness, I can't imagine trying to cook whilst using skype, but then I do have the little girl to keep track of too... speaking of which I fear that she's putting the tiny baby on the toilet which could be problematic. Multitasking is my life these days, not that I'm claiming to be good at it you understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You burned a chair? Could you elaborate? (Was I one of the conversations?) N

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with N. This post left me wanting a full explanation of how you could possibly have managed to "utterly and completely" ruin a chair in this fashion... <3B

    ReplyDelete