Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Nawlins

I'm going to New Orleans for the first time for a conference June 11-12. Who wants to take a long weekend and come meet me down there? Is it YOU?

UPDATE: No really, I'm serious.

PS to Matt: As per your comment, I've taken the liberty of removing the offending "out" from my previous post.

PPS to Rebecca: "Modulo"???? I think Matt once again may have contributed the only contendor for this year's Word That Appears to Be Made-Up But Isn't category. Linda, you wanna define this one for us, too?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, it is me! Except for how I'm super poor and trying to plan 10 other trips to see you. Stop tempting me with your fancy conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, modulo??? That sounds like... esperanto. Or someone in Voldemort's ancestry. Though the lack of a red wavy line suggests that it may be a perfectly cromulent word. If it's good enough for Matt and Firefox, it's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. modulo: also Italian for "form" or "module" (sorry, couldn't resist throwing my geekiness in there. It's a word I have to use in each english lesson I teach. Instead of "chapter 1" they have "modulo 1").

    N'walins! Ahh, the one southern state I have not been to...and the birthplace of sweet tea! (oh yeah, and there was that whole jazz thing, too.) I'll actually be in Tallahassee that week for work. Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merriam-Webster's definition of modulo:

    with respect to a modulus of <19 and 54 are congruent modulo 7>

    Way to communicate, Matt.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attagirl, Linda. You call it like it is :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attagirl, Linda. You call it like it is :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete