Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Now, for the awkward.

To fully appreciate this picture, see this epicly nerdy goodreads review of June 12th of this year. In which I admit that "I spent most of the early 90s camped out in the library reading Star Trek novels."

Observe.



(To be literal about it, I'm camped out at Glacier National Park. August 93.)

This picture is awesome for way too many reasons (please note the bifocals), not least of which is that The Vulcan Academy Murders is one of those books I rescued from the store, as per the epic review above. I was sure I'd read it as a kid, and then my mom promptly provided the photographic evidence! She hadn't even heard tell of my Star Trek relapse or looked at the photos before she got here! Get out!

Well, at least I've come a long way in the last 15 years...

5 comments:

  1. ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

    There are no words strong enough to express my love for these pictures. A. MA. ZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too late to just wrap up this blog post for your birthday?

    Ooh, now I want nerdy bookish Katie pictures! There's nothing better than little Katie pictures! Good thing I have a trip planned to the Katie picture archive for this weekend... eggggsalad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart R'cita. TOTALLY.

    -lindamargaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't go to glacier in 93, but in aug, 92, and that august there was a foot of snow. This pic is not like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best set of pics ever! You're so great, Cita. Love from Uganda!
    xoxo, Lauren

    ReplyDelete