Friday, August 29, 2008

O dear me / what do my eyes see...

Things I have done today not for the first time in my life:

1) Ate most of a can of frozen orange juice concentrate with a spoon.

2) Heard yet another radio story about our local Sacred Harp group in which what we do every week is described using such words as "primitive" and "peculiar."

3) Stayed up until stupid late cooking the night before a convention.

4) Listened to Kate Rusby songs on repeat to make myself feel better about the fact that I'm only going to get five hours of sleep.

5) Got asked how wedding planning was coming along and was forced to reply that nothing had changed since the last time that person asked me how wedding planning was coming along.

6) Paused to worry about whether or not I'm taking wedding planning too casually, but was too lazy to actually pursue this line of thought.

7) Had two or more meals in which the entree consisted of excessive amounts of plain tortilla chips.

8) Got on the computer instead of going to bed.

G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Get ready to repeat #5 a lot this weekend. But hopefully not #7, thanks to #3. (I really did eat some sunchips after your last convention report.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the words "peculiar" or "primitive" were used in the Sacred Harp story.

    ReplyDelete