Monday, November 03, 2008

Presenting...

If only I could learn to write a brilliant Sacred Harp song entitled Fischer, I would have the perfect wedding present for Katie and Richard. On November 1st that little town was witness to the radiant young couple, their fantastic friends and family, the shortest and sweetest ceremony possible, the second oldest dance hall in Texas, divine weather, traditional Korean bowing, delicious food, cold beer, cowboy boots, two steppin, and just a dash of roof raising singing to top it all off. Absolutely everyone enjoyed themselves super immensely, and most of them weren't even getting to see their two best friends get hitched. The frighteningly large grin I was sporting all night still didn't feel large enough to express my joy at the occasion. You shall get to judge for yourself very shortly as the pictures are already working their way online. I'll leave it to Katie and Richard to unveil them when they're ready, but I hope they won't mind if I share a preview.



All following amazing photographic credit goes to Greg, of course.






5 comments:

  1. i didn't think there were this many pictures without scott in them ;) email me the link to greg's pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there... and I still can't get enough of looking at pictures of it. Kaaatie (and Mr Katie).

    Also, Greg's pictures are way better than everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, so pretty! We may have spent a large percentage of Sunday and Monday looking at the pictures.

    Jenna - if you're hankering for the missing excessive scott footage, you'll find plenty over at bill's delightfully amateur slideshow. (With bonus wedding shenanigans and our powerhouse alto soundtrack.) But you'll have to harass the other half of the blog for photo links :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! SO HAPPY FOR THE TWO OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    REALLY, really wish I could have gone. Congrats to the both of you. I wish you both the best and nothing but happiness in this new, Obama-led nation!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete