Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stupid manipulative TV

So we had one of the local news stations on last night and they ran a story about these 5th graders up in Round Rock who watched the inauguration from their classroom, which is all fine and good except that then they were interviewing all these adorable 10-year-olds and one skinny little guy says, glowing, "Barack Obama is the first black president... and it's the proudest moment of my life" and THEN as if that wasn't bad enough they cut back to him later and he's telling the reporter all earnestly "If I get my grades up, I can be the second Barack Obama." Oh god, total waterworks. People like me should NOT be allowed to watch human interest stories. At least not without a pair of sunglasses.

6 comments:

  1. I see your cynicism is back. Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I perhaps didn't make it clear that the reason I shouldn't be allowed to watch human interest stories is because I sob like a baby. I'll update my post, lest I be further unduly accused of cynicism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like mother like daughter...not in much, but in the waterworks department.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when is katie the one with the cynical reputation around here? (Not to mention, I think I also hold the title of Most Emotionally Manipulated By Film And Television. Philadelphia? Finding Nemo? Hmm?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I goofed. I immediately assumed it was a cynical reaction, and that therefore this was a Rebecca post. Silly me! thanks for pointing out my errors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little boy can still be the first president with a black mother. If Black were Jew, Barack Obama wouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete