Thursday, February 05, 2009

Put away the pitchforks!

Apologies to the village mob Lauren that posts have been few and far between...

I bring you late breaking news!

1) I have a new job!!! Working with kids! Full time! And it comes with this thing I vaguely remember getting, once upon a time, a salary! My glamorous title is "instructional assistant" for second grade classrooms at this lovely elementary school over in Chinatown, mostly supporting ESL learners. I've actually signed paperwork so hopefully the job will stick this time.

2) Speaking of ESL and my career, I signed up for my first class towards my adult ed credential! Most of them are oh so very inspiring topics like "Integrating Technology into the Adult Classroom", but conveniently the only one that works with my schedule is also the only one that sounds even slightly worthwhile, so if I change my mind I won't feel like I've wasted tooo much of my time and money...

3) My dad was supposed to visit this weekend, but he had to cancel at the last moment after a friend passed away and the memorial service was scheduled for this weekend. So, silver lining... I'm going to Chicago instead! In honor of my patented late night blogging instead of packing, I give you one of three pictures I took during KT and R's visit... R's special brand of packing...



Beer in socks. (If I could create a soundtrack to this post, it would be of this hi-larious audio LP of Fox in Socks I got to play recently at the store...)

1 comment: