Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So I got it

The WMSHC plague, that is. (Though it's a week and a half late, so I guess I can't hold all those sick singers entirely responsible for my 100.9 fever... because I'm sure it has nothing to do with flying on an airplane and not getting enough sleep for the past 3 nights...) As fevers are so exceptionally good at doing, it's managed to incapacitate me at maybe the worst time possible; I was supposed to spend tomorrow rallying volunteers and helping my co-workers prepare to oppose a vile piece of potential legislation that we just found out goes up for a hearing tomorrow, having lunch with a colleague and her 6-month-old baby, going to the sing for the first time in a month, and going downtown to say hi to Jim and watch the Sig Sounds SXSW showcase.

Maybe if I get sick of sleeping and drinking tea tomorrow I'll post a happy birthday vacation retrospective. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this most excellent teaser.

6 comments:

  1. (I'm calling it the "Chicken-Kebab" plague.) N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor sick birthday kt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so good! What a space! What singers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...much...D.J.H...

    Sorry you got the plague! I'm finally starting to get over it--my chills hit my last Thursday night, so hopefully you'll be feeling better by the time you've got a houseful of guests. :-/

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...much...D.J.H...

    Ha ha, you'll notice that it grows imperceptibly fainters as I walk VERY QUICKLY AWAY during the first line or two...

    I'm feeling vastly better already, I'm sure I'll be in top form by the time you get here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember when this blog used to be updated regularly. sigh.

    ReplyDelete