Sunday, April 12, 2009

No offense, Funakoshi Sensei

But the essay I have to write about you for my green belt test on Wednesday makes me want to do pretty much anything at all in the entire world except write it.

On that note, how about some pictures?

After rearranging our living room last week in order to set up enough tables for everyone at our seder, Richard suggested that we leave it that way, and since one of my favorite things in the entire world is rearranging furniture - it never fails to make me feel like I've got a brand new exciting room - I was all over that idea. We still have a few tweaks to make (Richard has this idea that he's going to build a new set of custom shelves for our cd's; I would happily settle for a piece of crap from Ikea), but behold Living Room 2.0! I have a variety of photos that I could use for the comparison shot, but I think the one I'll go with is from the infamous "Before" series dating back to our pre-wedding housecleaning madness. The angles are slightly different, but you get the idea.

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Okay okay, back to Funakoshi Sensei. (Well, maybe I'll make myself something to eat first. And if I make myself something to eat, then I'll need to empty the dishwasher so I can put my dirty dishes in it. And while I'm emptying the dishwasher, I'll remember that I need to put in another load of laundry so I can hang it up to dry before the sun goes down. And then when I'm outside hanging my laundry I'll remember how we haven't been to the garden to water our plants yet this weekend. And incidentally, I'm almost done with my book; I'm sure it wouldn't take that long to finish it. And...)

1 comment:

  1. 1) Ooh, it looks so giant! Did you get rid of the tv? I want to come hang out in living room 2.0!

    2) Is that a map of the US on a whiteboard?

    3) You can do my homework instead. Or you can call me to complain. I'm not home, but just keep talking on my answering machine until I get there.

    ReplyDelete