Wednesday, June 03, 2009

And, whatever happens, never forget to wipe your sword.

I started out Sunday pretty down, as per the last post.

Since then I've been floating through the days on an ether of great food, friends, family, singing, and an endless stream of parties and field trips. Starting with a jaunt over to the Jack London Square farmers market with my mom and Sue where I ran into a teacher from school, watched a great cooking demo (from which I stole a recipe for sweet pea crostini to make for the mixed-book singing potluck the next day), and bought unbelievably cheap, giant, rich strawberries from my berry guy.

Then this week - have I mentioned how much I REALLY like my job? It's unnatural. Let's just say that I spent half of today eating through another generous spread cooked by parents (my favorite are the glutinous rice balls with black sesame filling that keep showing up), curled up on the rug with some of my favorite girls watching the old school pbs live action version of The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe! (It was just as bad as I remember... I mean the PEOPLE IN ANIMAL COSTUMES! Aslan's incredibly lame roar! But I had totally forgotten about the flying animal cartoons mixed in. The teacher and I agreed that the girl who plays Lucy is insanely cute and is the only one of the kids who appears to be acting.)

A few pictures from the beach in Sausalito yesterday. (I let my chaperonees take the first two, with mixed results...) I wish I could share more of the cuteness but I don't think I'm supposed to be flashing the kids faces around the net without permission.




1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I spent at least 45% of my childhood watching that version of TLTW&TW.

    ReplyDelete