Sunday, June 07, 2009

Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man

We blew up our T.V., threw away our paper
Went to the country, built us a home
Had a lot of children, fed 'em on peaches
They all found Jesus on their own




I didn't actually go to the country, but I did go down to Monterey where my mom had a conference. And I did listen to a lot of John Prine on the way. Touristy town but gorgeous landscape that made me nostalgic for my days in Santa Cruz. Took a short hike to the beach. Ate way too much good food, especially at La Bicyclette. (Organic produce provided by the local middle school garden! A tiny room, a fixed seasonal menu of salad, soup, and entree. The food was really simple but hands down the most perfectly prepared I've had in years. My mom and I even ate RAISINS and liked it!)



Also did not blow up my tv. Like Omie I curled up with the remote, because that's what you do in hotels. The only thing on was the Andy Griffith show marathon. (Opie got his first shiner!)

The housemates didn't know where I had run off to and thought I died. (I left a note! A nooooooote!)

4 more days of school. I'm helping run the book fair and attending lots of parties.

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that I managed to mention Omie and Opie in the same paragraph, and neither are typos. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete