Saturday, July 04, 2009

Come, share my moment of anticipation around this figurative Shabbat table!

My handy Companion For The Modern Jewish Pilgrim offers the following instructions:
Israel A Spiritual Travel Guide: A Companion For The Modern Jewish Pilgrim

"Those leaving on pilgrimage to Israel during the week to come should recite the following, if possible, in the company of friends and family who are invited to share the moment of anticipation around the Shabbat table.

May the One who blessed our ancestors
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, and Leah
Bless me and those with whom I travel,
On this, our journey up to Israel.
May we travel safely,
And arrive in peace to the land that we hold dear,
the land that we call Zion.
May we return to those we love
blessed in every undertaking
inspired and renewed by our People in our land.
Amen.


Up I go! Love to all.

2 comments: