Thursday, July 02, 2009

"Only the machines from now on are inevitable!"

My second annual Canada Day midterm book report, only one day late.

The stats thus far, against last year's results:
34 books read (+4)
13 YA (-8%)
6 audio (+200%)

I approve.

my read2009 shelf:
Rebecita's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read2009 shelf)

The one book I'm falling over myself to recommend this year is:
Mountains Beyond Mountains
Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder.

I also say you, yes you sir, yes you ma'am, don't miss these!
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
My War: Killing Time in Iraq by Colby Buzzell

Some others that I loved to pieces but results may vary according to taste.
His Eye is on the Sparrow by Ethel Waters
Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett (but NOT The Maltese Falcon)
Heat by Bill Buford
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott
I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

No comments:

Post a Comment