Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pilgrims for Zion's city bound...

Hi guys! I went to Israel! After a week home cuddling with dogs / chubby smiley fist sucking JR and tonight's dinner comparing notes with fellow birthright alum Rebecca I'm semi able to process this! I don't really know where to begin, but here's a little something that maybe captures a tiny bit of the intensity of my trip.

Have you ever climbed a mountain before breakfast? (If so, did it have this unreal view of an ibex and birds overlooking the Dead Sea from Mount Massada?)



Used an entire bottle of sunblock in 5 days? (Please note replacement bottle featuring "Israeli innovation inside!" Israelis and their innovation...)


Gone for 10 days without talking to a single non-Jew except to order falafel? (To the best of my knowledge, not a hyperbole.)



Less flippant posts and more pictures coming eventually.

7 comments:

  1. I love the fact that the "Israeli innovation inside!" logo is a ripoff of the "intel inside" logo. Or perhaps it's the other way around, if the Israeli version predates 1991. Pretty funny either way.

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, trademark violation? Quick, someone ask Peter!

    http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/intel-inside.png

    http://www.ifeel.co.il/pagemodule/image1/209/54209/380x225.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^
    Best comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I was referring to matt's comment by the way. Somehow Katie snuck in seconds before me and stole the kudos.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was smart enough to have done that on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that the photo session with my sunscreen on a bumpy bus (I forgot to take a picture til we were on our way to the airport and I was about to ditch it) was not wasted on my blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you ever notice how much you comment on your own blog? :)

    ReplyDelete