1) I caught one of my interns listening to Eddie From Ohio this afternoon. Another day, another flashback to 1999.
2) Breaking update: Sometimes Massachusetts forgets to pretend that it's not racist. Whoopsy. (Racial talk swirls with Gates arrest: Harvard scholar taken from home)
3) Well, I managed to be married for 8 months before losing my wedding ring. I should have had you all take bets on whether or not I'd make it a year. (Technically it was my engagement ring too, so am I allowed to call it a year and 8 months?) Fortunately, the ring-buyer is only out $15. But he still says I have to buy my own replacement. I'm still holding out for finding it in the bottom of my bag or caught in a pants cuff... in the meantime, I'll have to make do with this photo from the night he proposed. Vive l'Incredible Machine!
4) We've been busy flushing cockroaches down the toilet right and left as part of a massive pre-Rebecca housecleaning campaign. She's already coming to Texas in July, she doesn't need ANOTHER reason never to want to visit us again.
5) On a final note, it recently occurred to me that in any given month I spend 165 hours thinking about reproductive health issues, 20 hours learning how to punch people where it really hurts, and 15 hours singing about Jesus.