Sunday, September 06, 2009

Tomatoes: past, present, and future

The first time I used a food mill was August 23, 2007. I have fond memories of a late night at the Bauman kitchen the night before our culinary showcase after volunteering to process a few gallons of Deborah Madison's summer tomato soup. I mention this momentous occasion because last night I made another (much smaller) batch from our garden tomatoes! The recipe calls for naught but shallots, butter, tomatoes, and salt, stewed for 3-4 hours. Yum.




Next year? I've just treated myself to this fancy mega food strainer. Watch out tomatoes.


I realized that I never had uploaded photos from the culinary showcase. Heh, better late than never! Here's everyone on the big night! More fancy food action here...

1 comment:

  1. whoa you look so badass with that hat

    ReplyDelete