Friday, October 09, 2009

5 things

1. I don't even want to get into this whole nobel prize thing, but I just have to say on top of my coma dream I'm having way more than my quota of existential crises this week. I was still half asleep this morning when I turned on the car radio to hear Obama's acceptance speech. I came over with a moment of full-on, mind-numbing panic, wondering if I had awoken into the future or an alternate universe. I was really convinced that I had missed out on some major world event.

2. Now that I have a room of my own, my PDR (public display of reading) count is way down. But since it was just a professional development day today, no kids, I thought I'd sit out in the sun at lunch with a book. After all, I have a reputation to keep up. I immediately attracted one of the previous offenders. "You bookworm, you!" Next our suspiciously competent and hilarious school secretary plunked herself down next to me and without further ado started in on her loyalty to her favorite author. (John Grisham - his lawyer stuff is good, his other stuff is crap, but she keeps reading it anyway.) Stay tuned, I'll make sure to suffer periodic persecution for your blogreading pleasure.

3. I own a bike! It's shiny and blue! I took it for a spin yesterday. It's true what they say about riding a bike, even after 4.5 years since the last ride (to the Haydenville library, hee!) But wow... hills. Hmmm.

4. Most things Overheard on AC Transit are not fit for this blog. Forget about hand sanitizer, I really need to give my ears a good scrubbing. But it's almost made up for by the young man I witnessed very seriously adding to a list in his notebook entitled "Thizzle it Ova."

5. Jam shares are go!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I think it was the Nobel Peace Price. Pulitzer would be more appropriate (in my humble opinion) for his 2 books. Oh well, it's a cinch he won because he's NOT GEORGE BUSH!!! Nobel folks are as happy as we are about that, I guess, and just had to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh, Nobel rather. Thanks for catching that, have edited now.

    ReplyDelete