Tuesday, November 03, 2009

On McCarthy, Paper Anniversaries, and Shameless Self-Promotion

Ah, if only Texas Monthly's review of "The Road" had been around a couple of weeks ago, I might have spared myself literally hours of McCarthy-related trauma. (The reviewer sums it up in the first paragraph as "a movie so singularly unpleasant, so resolutely ill-conceived that it should bring Hollywood’s unlikely love affair with the iconic Texas author to an immediate end." No, but tell us how you really feel, Mr. Kelly. Other descriptors include, but are not limited to, "a two-hour death march." Nice.)

In happier news, our Paper Anniversary has come and gone with nary a divorce on the horizon. Really I'm just counting down the days until our Oak Anniversary. Only 78 years, 363 days to go!



Okay team, I'm off tomorrow to spend a week in our nation's great capital, with a quick stop back home to do 1,000 karate kicks on Saturday. (Thank you so much to those of you who donated to Sun Dragon's low-income scholarship fund in support of my kicks! If you haven't but you were SO meaning to before Saturday, you can go here and do it. I'm only $34 short of my personal goal... help me not look like I have unrealistic expectations!!!)

Hasta next week!

3 comments: