Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reporting from 3:44 am PST

Whatever I have approaching a muse is only made happy between the hours of midnight and 5 am. This seems to be thanks to my skewed circadian rhythm and years of training (read: putting off schoolwork until those hours.) It means that a. whatever I have approaching a voice as a writer is by default rambling and a little PUNCHy. b. I don't write as often as I'd like (not to mention c. I don't sleep as much as I'd like to.) By they way, by write I mean "write," and by "write" I mean blog, review books on goodreads, and compose lengthy emails that may or may not ever see the light of day. (Hi, KT!) Now, I've tried to convince it otherwise, but the muse just doesn't do creative writing. Well, shit. If I'm going to lose sleep, it'd be nice to knock out a great american novel every so often, you know?

4 comments:

  1. I like your punchy, sleep-deprived voice. It hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Linda. Like I have been saying for years, you should write novels, newspaper columns, whatever - and find a way to get paid for it! You have talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Not that I was fishing.

    Mom, I think you may have missed the point of this post. I don't have an actual professional writerly muse, just a late night amateur one. But I can probably be persuaded to write to you, my adoring audience of one, more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it would be très cool if you wrote a novel, I for one am glad to benefit from your muse's expression en blog.

    --M

    ReplyDelete