Sunday, March 07, 2010

"Any big plans for the weekend?"

The cashier asked me on Friday while he rung up my purchases.
"Did you SEE the chips and ice cream?"
I was mostly joking, but apparently there was a little too much truth in it because he gave me a pitying look in reply. Ouch. So much judging.

I miss the days when N and I used to religiously watch the Oscars. It kind of takes the fun out of it when you haven't seen ANY of the movies. I saw exactly... 4 movies in theaters last year. Star Trek and Moon with N, and Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes with KT and R. Apparently I really come out for the big franchises, hmm? I did really want to see the Hurt Locker but never got around to it. I have NO plans to see Avatar, 3-D or otherwise.

I hit up 3 thrift stores yesterday and was totally frustrated in my attempt to find ANY clothes. Then I realized it was probably for the best - I'd become like the people I'd mocked on Clean House who had to buy new stuff when they lost it in their mess. I watch that show largely because it makes my average clutter look positively spotless, but now I found myself shopping to replace some favorite shirts I'd lost in my heaps of clothing. I cleaned my room instead, and now I have something to wear tomorrow.

Joe is 10 months old! Good lord, he is dangerously cuter every day. I mean, just look at that! (Stolen from Inder's blog, where you can find more irresistible photography.)



He's also just plain dangerous, a big squishy missile immediately seeking out the most off-limits item in the room. His favorite toys are electronics and beer bottles. (I didn't say we let him HAVE any of those things...)

3 comments:

  1. So, you've managed to totally dismiss our viewing of Bad Blake drinking, singing, drinking more and losing children? And all this among a motley crew of Piedmontese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched it on a "date" sortof and the host of the party my "date" took me to was like "everyone give your oscar acceptance speech" and i thought of you and wanted to reference mr. g and the movie dave but couldn't!!! wah!

    let's have an adventure soon. something new. santa cruz??? robin is supposed to take me to half moon bay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad - Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking of Crazy Heart because we saw it so recently! But he surely did win best actor, you're right.

    Nata - Mr. G!!! Wow, I'd totally forgotten about our oscar pact.

    ReplyDelete