Thursday, March 11, 2010

This week in bikes

Shifting. This has been my biggest issue with my bike, and it turns out to be the easiest to adjust. On my 3 spd it just means screwing a chain tighter or looser. Hey, I can do that! Now it shifts like butter. Also, I got my hands nice and greasy for the first time in class, like a proper mechanical person. Of course, this was only from poking around the dirty dirty wheels while replacing broken reflectors, which really shouldn't count.

Ooh, if you haven't heard the news yet, google maps offers biking directions now! Score!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved my 3-speed when I was a kid! I wonder if more recent ones are substantially different. All these biking posts have me jonesing for good weather. Too bad I'm so out of shape that I can barely get up a few of Brattleboro's hills on even my 14-speed...

    --M

    ReplyDelete