Friday, July 09, 2010

More birthday fun

Well, since Graham mentioned it in his last comment, what choice do I have but to share the joys of Cardboard Richard with all of you??? This, my friends, is what R gave me for my birthday this spring. Just what every woman dreams of: a lifesize cardboard cutout of... her spouse. In his undies. It's maybe the most amazing present I've ever received. And I've received a lot of amazing presents in my day.

Even though I find straight people hilarious and I would do almost anything to force Graham to look at pictures of half-naked boys, I have decided to preserve a modicum of R's dignity by cropping out the bottom half. The full uncropped version was taken by my dad, who has vowed to show it to my children as soon as they're teenagers. If you can think of a better moral for why you should be nice to your parents during your adolescence, I'd like to hear it.

Also, you'd better get your eyeful in now, just in case R forces me to take it down as soon as he sees this. And yes, the best part is that he's wishing me a happy anniversary. Even though our anniversary is in November.

7 comments:

  1. HA HA HA HA. SO WRONG! Where does one go to make a giant cardboard cutout of oneself????????? And where does it live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, either that's the palest cardboard Richard I've ever seen, or you've been spending too much time in the Texas sun.

    (my word verification for this comment is "reddyscr" as in "hey Katie, what's that monstrosity you learned to drive on?" Katie: "Reddy's a car")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what I'm getting Rosie for an anniversary present!

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed everything about this post (particularly, "straight people are hilarious") until MATT RUINED IT.

    Oh. God.

    love and kisses, and happy belated bday to Rich,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? What? Don't you think she'll like a cardboard Richard as an anniversary present?

    --M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this series of comments is amazing.
    R: Your photographer co-worker (yeah, even better than the fact that his cutout is wishing me happy anniversary is the fact that he stripped to his undies and did a playboy pose in front of his co-worker who he's not actually even friends with) and Kinko's, apparently.
    D: Alternately - "What do you experience when you're driving your family's old Mercury Tracer and the brakes start to fail?" "Reddy scare."
    M: Now you have to up the ante by giving Rosie a cardboard cutout of you AND Richard, in your underwear, like, high-fiving or something.
    LM: Well they are, aren't they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. KT,

    Indeed. Full agreement there. And Matt... what wife wouldn't?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete