Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Marley was dead: to begin with.

After hitting the snack table at singing tonight, I have christmas cookies running through my veins. I can't get enough of Carolyn's pfeffernusse, but I didn't exactly argue with the guy who told me that my cookies were the best he'd had all season. (I posted the jam thumbprint recipe over on that other blog.)

Other signs of the season? Inder's mom came to town with crocheted stockings for each of us! They are comically large. There will be pictures. Tonight we decorated our beautiful fluffy tree. Last night I listened to the beginning of A Christmas Carol while writing the last of my christmas cards. I started out with a public domain version, but it just seemed a shame to waste Dickens on an American accent. So then I got all excited about Patrick Stewart's version. Everyone promises that you won't miss anything for the abridgment. But right off, he cut out that fantastic doornail digression about how "the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile!" I may have to actually go to the library if I want a decent unabridged recording. Well, for free. Have I mentioned that I just quit my job and have no money and it's Christmas? Yes, I may be able to work up to a good Humbug!

1 comment:

  1. The jam cookies look amazing! I'll let you know how my gluten-free version works!

    xoxo, Lo

    ReplyDelete