Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another year, another book widget

This blog loves books! I figure before I go back to school and stop having any time to read ever (and Rebecca goes to clown college library school and gets to only talk about books), I'd better take up as much blog bandwidth as possible with pointless book rambling. Here are my 2010 reads, in descending order of quality, not necessarily proportional to the quality of the cover art. Oh man. So many bad half-dressed covers!



Kindred

People of the Book

In the Woods

The Stone of Laughter

Smile As They Bow

Annie on My Mind

Emma

غايب

Sunshine

Some Dream for Fools

Now Is the Hour

Southland

The Family Man

Kushiel's Avatar

The Swimming-Pool Library

Kushiel's Chosen

The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon: A Novel

Kushiel's Dart

The Salt Roads

The Age of Dreaming




7 comments:

  1. booooooooks! We do love books. Let's see, *spoiler for my booklist*, we read 2 books in common last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a 1.5 book overlap! Though I own Gift of Fear, I only got through about half of it. Been meaning to try again--at the time, the guy's tone struck me as far too annoying.
    g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What was the 1?

    Joy made us read Gift of Fear for sd instructor training... it was actually vastly less annoying than I had expected it to be - though I expected it to be INCREDIBLY annoying, so I'm not sure if that's a ringing endorsement or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny! I had a feeling you'd replied to my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read 4 of these, none in the past year. This year my major literary accomplishment was reading 8 Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood). Once I managed to sufficiently lower my standards, I found them very enjoyable.

    You didn't like Bastard Out of Carolina? Maybe you are not the glutton for punishment that I am. Or that I used to be, back when I read novels of substance. Still, I would rate it several rows above The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing.

    On the off chance you are wondering, I've also read Kindred and Emma.

    Heart,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the need to defend my good name by pointing out that Bastard was indeed a MILLION times better than Girls Guide. But I gave them both 3/5 stars because I give almost everything 3 stars unless I really really really really really liked it (or didn't like it), and the stupid widget sorts same-starred books by a logic of its own. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, I don't think you need to defend your good name to someone whose reading material mainly consists of vampire novels and blogs. And yes, I am referring to myself. But by all means, blame the widget.

    love,
    L

    ReplyDelete