Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homework break!

So I'm taking a blogging break in the middle of catching up on statistics homework, which makes me all kinds of nostalgic for the excessive timewasting I used to accomplish back in my actually-needing-to-do-homework-all-the-time days. Ah, those halcyon years when Rebecca was always next door and couldn't be happier to help me not write that French paper. However, the bright side of taking four years of humanities classes is that math homework is SO SATISFYING. You answer problems, you get some numbers, either they're right or they're wrong and there's nothing you can do about it, and BAM you're done. Brilliant! No trying to figure out the best way to make that elusive point, no skimming novels you haven't read even though you're supposed to discuss them in class tomorrow, no IMing Rebecca the terrible thesis statement you just wrote because it's 4am and you can't manage to write anything that's not hilarious. Also, I get to answer problems with titles like "Thin monkeys, fat monkeys." Why wasn't I an Intro to Statistics major???

(Also, bonus points because my teacher is from Argentina just like my new favorite movie! Plus he says enjoyable things like, "I won't be grading your tests until this weekend. In order to grade I need my couch. And my cat.")

In other news... the countdown has begun for East Coast Extravaganza 2011! I even finally bought a new laptop (literally the first computer I've ever owned that wasn't a hand-me-down or a shared machine... oooooooooohhhhhhh so shiny) in preparation for the "working remotely" that is my excuse for taking a GIANT-ASS vacation and leaving my poor interns to their own devices for three weeks. (Ironically, one of them is only in Texas for 10 weeks to intern with us, and normally lives in Westfield.) Somehow I just have to sweat it through the rest of June. So. Much. Sweating.

Okay, bedtime. I look forward to further communicating with you all at a future date in between calculating monkey fat.

2 comments:

  1. Calculating monkey fat. Awesome.

    Countdown to western Mass... awesomer. Like, wicked awesomer.

    Let no post go uncommented, that's my motto. Note that it's a motto and not a goal. If it were a goal I would be failing miserably. Motto's are just fun things you say that really mean nothing. Look it up.

    xo,
    Linda Margaret

    ReplyDelete